A holiday in South Tyrol to visit its towns
Romantic places are waiting for you
South Tyrol is a country of contrasts: therefore, a holiday in South Tyrol will include mountains, flowers, meadows and glaciers next to pretty little towns like Vipiteno, the capital of this holiday region. Its old town with typical Tyrolean architecture is one of the most beautiful shopping streets in Europe.
And there are many other cultural and natural sights worth to be seen in town and in the surroundings: castles and palaces, churches and convents, museums and much more.
We have some suggestions for your holiday in South Tyrol:
- Twelve Tower: the landmark of Vipiteno which separates the old part of town from the new one.
- Statue of S. Giovanni Nepomuceno: the saint is the patron against natural calamities.
- Town hall: in the courtyard you can admire the Mithra Stone - a roman milestone.
- Saint Spirit Church: admire the frescos of Hans von Bruneck which date back to 1402.
- Town museum: situated in the building of the Teutonic order. The winged altar by Hans Multscher that dates back to 1459 is worth a visit.
Bolzano is South Tyrol's capital and center between the North and the South, a daily transit and contact point between the German and the Italian-speaking regions. Popular sights:
- the Gothic cathedral
- the Waltherplatz
- the arcades with their boutiques and bars
- the museums and theaters
The charming Brixen is only a few minutes' drive from the Hotel Wieser. Here you can find lively history at every turn - old streets and citizen houses, arcades and bridges, the cathedral, the cloister, the small pharmacy museum ...
Bruneck has become the economic center of the Val Pusteria. Here you can find historical city lanes and many possibilities for shopping. The Messner Mountain Museum opened in 2011 at the Schloss Bruneck.
Merano is the centerpiece for alpine-mediterranean joie de vivre. Classical concerts, thermal baths and art nouveau architecture characterize the city. The city invites you to go shopping and to do long walks on the promenades.